Monday, December 10, 2007

Marathon time...


Robb ran in his first full marathon yesterday. The Honolulu Marathon is the third largest in the US and 6th in the world. There were almost 30,000 people participating. It was like a sea of people! The weather was not very nice but at least the rain helped keep them cool. I am very proud of Robb and the fact that he finished in the top half. He beat out 20,000 other racers and to me that is impressive. The winner was from Ethiopia and he ran 26.2 miles in 2 hours and 17 seconds. He was flying through the finish! Amazing!!

Here are Robb's results:

Robert Grysban #8523

Pearl City, HI
Age: 33 Gender: M
05:26:51
DistanceMAR
Clock Time05:33:19
Chip Time05:26:51
Overall Place8086
Gender Place5148
Division Place669
Age Grade38.2%
Half
Split10K3:41:15
Split24M
Pace12:28.2
Split30K3:41:15

2 comments:

MOM said...

That is truly a goal achievement and something to be so proud of...I can not even come close to imagining that....I would have met my maker some where around the five mile mark well okay the er room then.......And I am not going to make an etheopian joke either..
Love You

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! GO ROBB!!! I WILL make that Ethiopian joke....they always win the marathons....GEEZ!! Anyways, I'm really really impressed. I hate to run...do they let you enter with one of those scooters???