Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Paid it forward...

As I was cleaning and getting rid of things we don't use anymore I had a box to give away. My neighbor's son goes to a high school that has a lot of low income families. I took the box over to her to see if she could find people that could use some of it. There was some kitchen items, sheets, blankets, clothes, shoes and Robb's old X Box. She said there were 2 families that she always looked out for and would give it to them. Made me feel good to know it was going to good use. I donate to Goodwill and Salvation Army but you never know where your stuff goes. Linda (my neighbor) just came over to give me a card that the kids made for me. It made me cry of course and touched my heart so much. They thanked me for the stuff and especially the XBox. One of the girls made me a special note about the shoes....girl after my own heart! ;) I think from now on I will make an effort to think how one pair of hand me down shoes can brighten someone's day. They have adopted me as their favorite "hauole"....which means white person! LOL I love that! Wanted to share because it was something special to me.

0 comments: